Wednesday, April 10, 2019

When a woman seeks one-night stands on Tinder

Here's the text of a Tinder profile I came across recently:

I’m 5’4, 185lb (yes I have a little extra meat on my bones so if you want a skinny woman swipe left). I’ve only ever been with one man sexually and am working on claiming my sexuality and my sexual desires. That being the case, I’m looking for one night stands with the right men (intelligent, at least 5’7, nonsmoker, has hair on his head, ages 28-50) who will treat me to a wonderful date, show me a fun time, stimulate my brain, and also knows how to pleasure a woman sexually.

I can only imagine how many men would have salivated upon reading that. But this being Tinder, many probably didn't read it at all and swiped left or right based on what they thought of the woman's picture. I swiped right, but I don't consciously remember doing so, nor did I read her profile. As it turned out, we matched. She wrote to me asking me if I'd read her profile.

I read her profile and wrote back: "You're likely to attract a lot of predators and creeps with that kind of profile. I hope you'll be careful."

She responded by thanking me for my concern, but that she knew what she was looking for. And that was that. I have no idea what kinds of experiences she had. But I hope she was able to ward off the creeps and find those with whom she genuinely connected intellectually as well as sexually.

It also got me thinking: if that was a man, how would women react? I suspect a lot of women would have categorized him as either a creep or a beta male living in his mother's basement or both. I'm willing to bet that he would get few, if any, right swipes. (I mean even decent looking guys get very few swipes.)

I might just perform a social experiment by creating a male profile with this text and seeing what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment