Sunday, June 30, 2013

Is she, or isn't she?

At the Gay Pride Celebrations in San Francisco today I saw this beautiful young woman. She had chiseled features, dark hair, olive skin, a smile on her lips, an air of hope and optimism that I found very refreshing. She wore a white blouse with an embroidered neck, shorts and an elegant pair of sandals. The female friend I was with thought she was okay and had a 'wholesome' look. Regardless, I found myself drawn to her even though she danced with another woman and even kissed her passionately. My friend thought she was straight or bisexual, certainly not gay.

The woman and I made eye contact a number of times. I considered talking to her, but my friend stopped me. 'If you do that, the lesbian with her is going to get pretty mad at you,' she said. 'Besides, she's going to turn you down because she's with this lesbian, at least for now.'

I hung around, sighing, hoping that the lesbian she was dancing with would just go away. But that did not happen. In fact, after some time, the two walked away, the lesbian holding on to the woman's butt in a proprietary sort of manner, as if to tell me that she was taken.

Damn that lesbian!

(PS: I took a lot of pictures at the festivities. But the one that mattered turned out lousy. Anyway, here's the pic of this lovely woman dancing with the lesbian that messed things up for me...)

No comments:

Post a Comment