Monday, June 24, 2013

Who makes these rules?

If you've dated for any reasonable amount of time, you've probably come across a number of dating rules that people subscribe to. Here's a video that debunks 5 of them, and I happen to disagree with every one of the myths, and hence agree with the guests.

Myth #1: Don't sleep with a man on the first date. Like all rules, this is nonsense. When you sleep with someone depends on the circumstances of your meeting, the chemistry, the trust, etc. I don't think less of women who willingly sleep on the first date. But I do think less of women who are willing to do so when there's clearly no chemistry, or on the contrary follow some sort of imaginary time-table.

Myth #2: Don't pursue him. Why the hell not? Women want to be treated equally, right? Then take at least some responsibility to initiate a relationship. I think women who initiate a conversation exhibit a level of grounding and self-confidence that I find attractive.

Myth #3: Online dating is for losers. Well, I've run into a number of women online who are accomplished, successful, well-adjusted people.

Myth #4: Men love bitches and nice guys don't win. I don't know about the latter, but I run away from bitches.

Myth #5: He's just not that into you. Yes, women do over-interpret changes in plans and periods of silence. Chill. Some of us are busy. Some of us do have a lot going on in life. You can't be the center of my attention all the time, just as I don't expect to be the center of your attention all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment