Saturday, May 17, 2014

A Couple of Recent Conversations on Tinder

Here's a sampling of a few conversations with women on Tinder.

The first is a woman who had 4 pictures, but only 1 showed her face (assuming it's really hers). The others were pictures of her back and a palm tree.
me: hi, how are you?
woman 1: hi
me: you look lovely. where are you from?
w1: from around here
me: that's nice. but where are you from originally?
w1: isn't it too soon for such a personal question?
me: ok, sorry, didn't mean to intrude or pry.
w1: that's ok.
me: the weather is getting better thankfully.
w1: yes.
me: any reason you put up pictures that don't show your face?
w1: there's one with my face. that's enough to form an opinion.
me: true. but then why put up the others?
w1: is that a question or are you stating your opinion?
me: it's a question, which is why i ended it with a "?". :)
w1: never mind the semantics. you have only one picture yourself. :)
me: true, but it shows my face. i'm just trying to understand why anyone would put up pictures that don't show the most important part of a person: their face. but clearly you don't want to answer that. that's okay.
w1: i can't see your head in your picture.

[At this point I gave up. Even pulling teeth is easier.]

me: have a good day.

[And with that, I blocked this nutcase.]

------------------

This woman had a pretty face. We matched and I contacted her.

me: hi, how are you?
woman 2: hi
me: it's warm out there today.
w2: yes
me: you look like you're from some other part of the world.
w2: yes
me: where are you from?
w2: argentina
me: nice. i've never been there. but would love to go.
w2: yes
me: how long have you lived here?
w2: 10 years
me: nice. do you like it here?
w2: yes
me: what do you do? i'm an attorney.
w2: yoga instructor.
me: nice. do you have your own business?
w2: yes
me: you must be terribly busy with it then.
w2: somewhat
me: what hours do you work?
w2: depends
me: what form of yoga do you practice?
w2: ashtanga
me: ok. did you learn yoga in buenos aires?
w2: france
me: ah, so you lived in france?
w2: yes
me: for how long?
w2: 8 years
me: nice. i lived there as a child for a couple of years.
w2: ok
me: would you like to meet for coffee one of these days?
w2: sure
me: you live in XYZ?
w2: yes
me: we could meet over the weekend
w2: ok
me: or i could swing by during the day when i don't have too many meetings at work.

[I didn't receive a response to that. So the next day I contacted her again.]

me: hi, how are you today?
w2: good.
me: any plans for the weekend?
w2: no
me: sorry to ask, but should i interpret your single-word responses as an indication that you're not keen to continue this conversation?

[I never received a response. I mean, why the hell do you waste someone's time if you're not interested in having the conversation? It's not polite to string people along. It's more polite to simply not respond, or respond with a "Sorry, not interested". And why would you swipe right if you're not interested?]

No comments:

Post a Comment