Saturday, May 24, 2014

Another Rude Woman on Tinder

A reader sent me the following recent experience he had on Tinder...

------------

Browsing through Tinder profiles, I matched with a 37-year old woman called Zanna. Her profile stated the following:

"Fueled by Passion!!! New to SF, originally from Latin America, (A+ if you guess where), expat. Multicultural, genuine, a geek in disguise. I am a dreamer, a giver, a thinker. Believe that life is short but possibilities are endless. Love and kindness can guide us and open doors.
Be real, open, free. Perhaps we meet soon...
No-no: hook-up, married, poly, bi."

So I initiated a conversation. I know how women like it when men have read what they write about themselves.

Me: are you from colombia?
Zanna: No
Me: where are you from then?

After a delay of a day, this was her response...

Zanna: You should have something on you profile before asking me more questions

Yes, her profile and the conversation has been reproduced verbatim, complete with all kinds of errors. Now how do you react to conversation like that? I mean, she even invited men to guess where she's from. I guessed. Incorrectly, as it turned out. But did she have to react this rudely to someone trying to make normal, harmless, respectful conversation? What an idiot!

No comments:

Post a Comment