Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Boxers or Briefs

Okay, so this debate has been going on for years. I don't know that there's a consensus on this, although I'm told by reliable sources that boxers are sexier. I've always been a brief-wearer, and -- don't laugh -- in particular tighty-whities. Not that I choose them, but they're just the default: plenty of them on store shelves, it's what you reach out for. Who cares about what you wear under your clothes, right?

Wrong! My friend Karen gently told me how uncool and unsexy these white briefs are. The emotion with which she seemed to hate them was a revelation. 'Wear boxers,' she said. 'Women love men in boxers.'

So I bought myself a few boxers. I've worn one on every date. And, guess what, I've not been lucky even once! Every woman I meet these days seems to want a friend to hang out with. Or wants to take it slow and get to know me. Or wants a brother. So much for sexy boxers. They don't even give me an opportunity to show them off. They're ill-luck! I'm going back to my tighty-whities. To hell with you and your advice, Karen!

No comments:

Post a Comment