Thursday, December 26, 2013

The Married Man or Carlos the Pakistani (Part 2)

I'm truly evil!

I thought I'd blocked Carlos the Pakistani, but it turned out that I hadn't actually typed in the word 'blocked' that would block a profile. So he popped up again the next day.

C: hey there sexy! good morning. :)))
me: hey handsome. what's cookin'?
C: my daydreams about you and your sexy bod.
me: were you nice to me in your daydreams.
C: hardly! hahahaha
me: naughty boy!
C: guilty as charged
me: so your wife has no idea what you do?
C: nope
me: you're devious
C: guilty as charged again! but then what's life without a little adventure.
me: don't try to justify. if you have to do something, just do it. don't rationalize it.
C: hahaha
me: i have to run now, but i'll be back later.
C: ok. MWAAAH! i'm waiting for you.

(Later...)

me: hey! i think your wife suspects something.
C: what do you mean?
me: i've been chatting with this really weird dude who's been asking me all kinds of questions about the guys i've been chatting with.
C: what kind of questions?
me: first he asked if i was chatting with any persians. i said no. then he asked if there were any indians. i said one. then how about a pakistani. i said yes.
C: and then?
me: then he asked all kinds of questions about these guys. i was evasive in my response.
C: but that doesn't mean it's my wife.
me: you're right. it's probably nothing. just some random weirdo. never mind.

(Having planted the seed, my initial job was done. If I knew men, that wasn't going to be the end of this topic for Carlos. So, not surprisingly, still later...)

C: any more chats with that guy?
me: yes. it's getting weirder and weirder.
C: what do you mean?
me: i think that person is a woman, not a man. she's definitely snooping around for more information.
C: like what?
me: either it's information on me or some guy
C: like what????
me: i have a strong feeling it's a woman trying to figure out what her husband/bf has been up to
C: what DID she ask????

(I could sense the desperation in his voice. He had already given me enough clues about the specific kind of work he did. I did a google search on his real first name and the work he did. And sure enough, I found information on a guy who looked a lot like Carlos' profile picture on Tinder. I now knew which company he worked for.)

me: weird questions. like how old these guys were. and strangely, she asked if any of them worked at company X. i said i had no idea.
C: i see

(Not bad. Cool customer. But that had to be an act. Seriously, the guy's cover was blown. Yes, I'm devious. But I was having too much fun at his expense.)

me: anyway, how has your day been?
C: good.
me: i have to rush. chat later, ok?

(Later that evening...)

C: so any more news from the wacko?
me: yes, more weird stuff. wanted to know the names of the guys from india and pakistan.
C: really?
me: yes, i'm just going to give her a couple of names. maybe yours and another guy's.
C: no, no, don't do that!
me: why not? is your name not common?
C: no, it's not.
me: okay, i'll make up a name then.
C: good.
me: can you suggest a name?
C: rashid.
me: thanks.
C: thank U!

(A few moments later...)

C: are you chatting with her?
me: yes. she's asking all kinds of questions. i'm having a hard time lying to her.
C: why don't you block her.
me: yeah, i'm going to ignore her questions. but then i have nothing to hide, so i'm not worried.
C: but i have something to hide.
me: oh, yes, true. i had not thought about that.
C: block her.
me: i don't know. there's an interesting story there. i want to get to know what's going on.
C: please block her.
me: i'll think about it. at least i'll try to make up my answers. are we still meeting tomorrow?
C: yes
me: good.
C: please don't tell her anything about me.
me: ok, no problem.
C: thank you.
me: so tomorrow at cafe X at 5pm?
C: yes
me: and, don't worry, i won't tell her anything about you.
C: good

(So I was curious to know what he would do next. I'd been expecting him to change his mind on meeting me, so I was surprised that he hadn't. Still, I expected him to 'stand me up'. Surely a guy wasn't going to be stupid enough to show up for a date with a woman who'd blown his cover, even if in a fake innocent way. His wiggling out of the date would have simply been confirmation that he was indeed the guy who worked at that particular company.

Sure enough, the next morning, his profile was gone. Either he'd deleted it, which would have been the smart thing to do, or he'd just blocked me. Needless it is to say, I succeeded in giving this guy a bit of a scare. Now the question is: how long will its effects last? Any guesses? :))

No comments:

Post a Comment