Thursday, December 26, 2013

The Unfunny, Cheap Braggart

Gagan, a 34-year old Indian guy, who looked cocky in his photos, got in touch with me. He turned out to be a cheap bastard, although that's not an entirely fair assessment, as you'll see below.

g: how was the weekend
me: it was good. and yours?
g: fun...
g: where do you live?
me: in the city. you?
g: me too
me: what kind of work do you do?
g: out of work stripper
g: :)
g: U

That was the first thing I was annoyed by. What's the big deal in saying what they do? Clearly he has something to hide. And he was as frugal with punctuation as he would turn out to be with money.

me: you must be really bad if you're out of work as a male stripper in a great economy.
g: LOL...yes
g: u r funny
g: what about u?
me: i'm a trans whore
g: that's what i thought
g: r u good?
g: :)
me: i must be. i have more business than i can handle.
g: how bout u show me some of those moves ...lunch plans?
me: yes, dear, with a customer. he's taking me to X [the name of the most famous, expensive restaurant in this area].
g: oh
me: been there? but i can do dinner tonight.
g: ok. Y [the name of a real cheap restaurant in the city]
me: no, been there. don't like it. have you been to Z1? [i referred to another expensive restaurant]

While we're chatting I've been looking up yelp at all the $$$$ restaurants in the area and making references to them.

g: i'm a vegetarian so no
me: how about Z2? it's italian. they should have enough vegetarian options
g: K
me: great. will you make reservations? and what time?
g: at 8 or 2?
me: works for me. thanks.
g: text me ur no
me: sorry, i don't give out my number until i meet someone in person. safety issue. i hope you understand.
g: damn now how m i supposed to stalk u without having gps info
me: lol. if you're nice to me over dinner you'll be able to do that. :)
g: like ur sense of humor
me: then you'll like me even more. :)
g: ok c u at 8

In the meantime, I went to Z2's website to see if there were reservations available to that evening. Unfortunately, the earliest they had available was a few days later.

me: hey, if Z2 is booked, then how about Z3?
g: we can do El Cheapo #2 on XYZ street
g: u been there?

Again, another cheap suggestion. I was determined to fend it off.

me: yes, i have. not a great place for a first meeting. if you don't like Z3, how about Z4?
me: or you might prefer Sexy Adult Club? hehe
g: i like that :)
g: well Z4 sounds good.
me: ok. please make reservations there or we might not get a table. see you at 8! :)
g: c u in the evening
me: looking forward to it.

Later that day...

g: Z4 is closed today
g: how about Another Cheap Italian Restaurant?

I didn't believe this guy. So I went to Z4's website. No mention of it being closed. I looked for a table for that night. They had reservations available.

me: Z4 is open today. reservations even available online.
g: K... i saw the site and it had closed on thursday so anyways then we are on for 8

Liar. No such information on the website. Cheap bastard! Had all the bravado to ask me out right away, but doesn't like the consequences of his actions. Having said that, I do admit that it is unfair to be asked by a woman to be taken to an expensive restaurant on the first date. I don't like it when it's done to me, especially when you have no idea of you're going to like each other or not, and there was a part of me that didn't like doing it to this guy. I was about to write to him before the date that I couldn't make it and put him out of his misery. But I disliked him sufficiently, so I quickly suppressed the thought.

Around 8 he writes to me...

g: i'm here. where are you?
me: so sorry, on my way there. running late. will be there in 10-15 mins.
g: ok
me: please take our table. will be there as soon as i can.
g: ok
me: and won't you be a dear and order me a glass of their taurasi vinosia to start with?
g: sure
me: and you should order a drink too. remember, the drink in a man's hand always makes the first impression.
g: is that right?
me: yes. can't wait to see you

Later...

g: hey, where are u
g: u there
g: y aren't u responding
g: i'm sitting here by myself
g: not cool
.....

Didn't I say I was evil? Yes, I know I'll be paid back in kind one day by some woman who takes a dislike for me. But until then, I'm going to savor this twerp's predicament.

No comments:

Post a Comment