Wednesday, December 25, 2013

The Prick: More Adventures on Tinder as a Woman

He was 36. In his main photo he looked a bit nerdy. So I thought what the heck, and swiped him right.

Soon we were matched. The conversation was short, and went like this...

The Prick: What's up pussycat? I'm John. I'm from the UK, passing through for a couple of days.
me: is that a double entendre?
TP: depends on whether you want it to be.
me: you tell me.
TP: i think you want it to be.
me: ok
TP: want to meet up?
me: are you looking for travel hook-up?
TP: are you okay with that kind of shit?
me: you tell me.
TP: i think you are.
me: you already know me so well.
TP: i can always tell.
me: must be scary having a gift like that.
TP: yes, sometimes it is. i'm staying at the X. here's the link... we can meet here.
me:  i'd prefer my place. more comfortable.
TP: ok. where do you live?
me: i live in Y. about 15 minutes by car from where you are.
TP: send me your address. i can come there now.
me: first we'll meet outside.
TP: here's my number. call me.

(The number he sent me was a UK number.)

me: sorry, i don't make international calls.
TP: since i'm from the UK, that's the only number i have. or give me yours and i'll call you.
me: sorry, i don't give out my number until i meet someone.
TP: ok, then where do you want to meet?

(I got busy with something else for a few minutes. When I turned my attention back to Tinder, I see another message from him.)

TP: answer me missy. i asked a question.

(Really? Is this guy for real? Until then I really wasn't going to make him run around, but that rude message ticked me off. Rather than fume at him, I played nice.)

me: sorry, sweetie. can you meet me at cafe Z?
TP: i'm looking it up. how soon can you be there?
me: in 20 mins.
TP: okay, getting into a taxi now.
me: looking forward to seeing you. :)

(Twenty minutes later, I get another message...)

TP: i'm here. where are you?
me: i'm there. inside.
TP: where inside?
me: right by the door.
TP: i'm right by the door. i don't see you.
me: look harder.
TP: i'm looking everywhere.
me: i'm right behind you. booo!

(At first I toyed with the idea of just dropping off. But I didn't want him to get furious at my having stood him up and complaining to Tinder. I didn't want to be booted off this app yet. I was having way too much fun. So I simply blocked him. It deletes all our messages and if I'm not mistaken, it takes me off his list and there would be no way for him to contact me or report me. So, with one decisive gesture, I deleted the prick and for the first time I felt someone truly deserved to be stood up.)

No comments:

Post a Comment